Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. After reviewing resumes, we will contact potential candidates for further information, application, etc.
Carrie Van Dyck, Owner
Join The Herbfarm TeamPositions Available
- Guest Services: Hands-On Reservations and Office Manager
Guest Services: Hands-On Reservations and Office Manager
Carrie Van Dyck, Owner/General Manager
Join The Herbfarm as the Guest Service Manager /Lead Reservationist. This position strives to ensure all runs smoothly from first contact-- via phone, email, or in person-- to our guest’s arrival at The Herbfarm. It is your goal, as well as The Herbfarm’s, to,for a few hours, make life as perfect as our guests had always hoped it would be.
Oversee restaurant reservations, guest service (outside of the dining room), inter department communication, maintenance of office systems/IT, and other general business interactions via phones, mail, email, and in person. Oversee the 2-3 staff involved in these activities. Some minor accounting.
• Be an ambassador of The Herbfarm inside and outside of work.
• Outgoing and incoming pre and post-dinner guest contact-through the phone, email, electronic reservation requests and in person.
• Positive connection from “office” to entire Herbfarm team.
• Returning calls/emails from Rosemary's voicemail, email, and waiting lists.
• Careful tracking & sharing of reservation information (systems/procedures currently in place) to all guest service/kitchen folk so all know everything that has been communicated to/from each guest and how to best exceed their expectations when they call or arrive in person.
• Lead preparation of daily service menus (paper part), briefing sheets, signs, maps etc.
• Mail order/retail sales and shipping.
• Troubleshoot and support MS Office use
• Troubleshoot and support IT-phones, computer, printers
• Take a role in social media support after training.
• Some data entry and special projects.
• Follow organized procedures while putting the guest first.
• Strive to exceed the guest’s expectations.
• Support others as needed.
This is your opportunity to actively work with folks from around the globe who come to enjoy the highly rated 5-hour, 9-course dining experience focusing on seasonal and regional ingredients at their prime.
Smiles on your face and in your voice. Organization. Strong communication skills—written, in person, on phone. Poise gained through several years of Hospitality/Guest Service/Office experience are needed to apply for this position.
We seek an enthusiastic, passionate, disciplined, organized, warm, team member who is eager to learn The Herbfarm 5-Diamond ways and become a leader of our small, quality-oriented, fun-loving reservation office team.
The Herbfarm is a world-class fine dining experience where our food follows the seasons. Our feet are on the ground and we usually have a sense of humor. We are America’s only 5-diamond restaurant west of Chicago and north of San Francisco. That said, we are also the only restaurant serving 9-course meals where guests can visit and feed our pet piggies during dinner.
Team of 2-3 part thyme reservationists
Experience and Qualifications
• College Education.
• 3+ Years guest relations office/phone/in person experience. International travel is a plus.
• A genuine desire to serve the guest, co-workers, and the company. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
• Some Adobe InDesign is helpful.
• Website/IT experience
• Positive attitude giving others energy and warmth
• Supervisory experience helpful
• Excellent verbal & written communication skills
• Organized, tidy worker.
• Multi-tasking skills/comfort
• Detail Oriented
• Hard Worker/Dedicated
• Service oriented
• Team oriented
• Quick learner
• Sense of Humor
• Natural leader
• Comfortable in tight spaces, and up & down stairs to serve guests.
Respectful of Process and Procedures
AND able to think creatively
This position is usually a 5-day a week job--40-50 hours. This includes about 35% weekend days as the 7-day a week office schedule rotates through the team. This is a daytime office job. Some evenings (3-8 annually) as backup when owners are out of town. Please visit The Herbfarm before applying-- 10-3 daily, 10-1 Sundays.
Benefits and Compensation
• Salaried at a competitive rate.
•Discounts: Wine, Dining, Gifts, Spa, Hotel
•Paid Vacation: Employees accrue up to 2 weeks per year. Vacation increases to 3 weeks per year after 5 years of employment
•Good Health Days: Up to two per year - paid days off for being healthy
•Health Insurance: Medical, Dental and Vision paid at 50% by The Herbfarm after 3 months for full time employees
•Participate in employer matched 401K plan after one year of service
•Participate in the annual Wine/Food education 3-day trip
•Working for a company you can feel proud to be a part of
Would be successful when
• Be able to work a flexible schedule, and meet/address multiple, sometimes competing deadlines.
• Actively Manage day-to-day reservation systems
• Lead by example and inspire your staff to greatness
• The Herbfarm collects and uses an incredible amount of detail. Become proficient data miner.
• Strategically balance guest, business and employee needs
• All T's must be crossed and I's dotted while being warm and friendly.
• Crew of 2-3 reservationists to coach, schedule, train and maintain
• Exceed guest's expectations
• Nurture staff relations with “powers that be”
• You are the “Voice of The Herbfarm” which must be welcoming in person, on the phone or via email
• Work well under pressure demonstrating cooperative behavior with guests, colleagues and supervisors.
• Incredibly busy small office that requires everyone to take responsibility for their work and to incorporate a sense of humor.
• After training take on the groups (larger that 9) bookings
• Involved in all aspects of special events
• Somewhat of an executive assistant to the owners as well.
• Coach, train, review, staff